Heroic Fisticuffs!

Here's a place where I talk about games, applications, websites, and other things that I make for fun. Mostly roguelikes. And robots. Since my domain is hard to spell you probably came here on purpose.

RoboCaptain (2012 7DRL) - Day 3


Game looks mostly the same but the AI is beyond my expectations. At this point, the marines will try to stay away from you, just inside their firing range. This makes the Marine Commander (green m shown here) especially difficult since he can shoot farther than me. You will need to equip rockets, which have farther range, to take him out. Or manage to corner him.

I am really enjoying the power-management mechanic, even in these simple one-level play-throughs I find myself ducking behind corners and trying to recharge my shields. At this point nothing is very balanced but I'll try to have a playable version up somewhere tomorrow morning.

(BTW in this shot I am about to die if that marine takes more than 1 rocket)

No comments:

Post a Comment