Heroic Fisticuffs!

Here's a place where I talk about games, applications, websites, and other things that I make for fun. Mostly roguelikes. And robots. Since my domain is hard to spell you probably came here on purpose.

RoboCaptain (2012 7DRL) - Day 1


I started late Saturday afternoon, got to this point by Sunday. I feel pretty good so far! (The basic engine I already had but I ripped out a lot of the guts)


What is RoboCaptain? The short version:
A tactical shooting-based roguelike with a powerful systems-management sub-game ala the old LucasArts X-Wing/TIE Fighter games.


I like my roguelikes to look like roguelikes so expect mostly-traditional look & feel; nothing crazy except for the power mechanic.


As for why there are monkies... they are leftover from the pirate game I was making they are escaped from the (evil) human science labs!!


Official rec.games.roguelike.dev post here.

2 comments:

  1. Damn. Game is looking really good already. I have been procrastinating and have not even started my 7DRL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.. still 5 or 6 to go, depending on when you started. That's plenty of time. :)

    I gutted an old game I had lying around as an engine, which helps a lot. (Unfortunately ended up pulling out more than I wanted but much better than starting from scratch.)

    ReplyDelete