Heroic Fisticuffs!

Here's a place where I talk about games, applications, websites, and other things that I make for fun. Mostly roguelikes. And robots. Since my domain is hard to spell you probably came here on purpose.

Dungeon Dual is back!

Dungeon Dual is back online! This was my 2014 7-Day Roguelike and probably my most popular successful 7DRL to date.



Unfortunately I lost the domain and a lot of the web pages for some of my old games earlier this year due to myself being a dummy. I was able to bring RoboCaptain and Heavy Axe back online relatively easily.

Since it has co-op multiplayer, Dungeon Dual was a little trickier. It's also entirely written in CoffeeScript, which I have not touched since switching to TypeScript a few years ago. There's also a WebSockets server that handles the back-and-forth between the two players.

In any event, after a long afternoon of hacking, the original 7DRL version is back online in all of it's... glory?

It definitely plays a bit rough, but I must say I was rather surprised at how fun it was. It was cool to see a lot of that old gameplay working again. (like banish! which is still insanely overpowered)


No comments:

Post a Comment